New computer, New OS (Vista)

For all your non-technical questions.
jondr

New computer, New OS (Vista)

Postby jondr » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:57 pm

I just purchased an upgrade for an older version of InstallAware that I had installed on my older computer. I am now using a new computer which runs Vista, and does not have InstallAware installed. Will I come to grief installing the upgrade without the older version existing on the new computer? :?:

BTW, I may have previously used "Private Copy" as my "company name", although that is not a company name but used to distinguish between MY copy of InstallAware as opposed to the copy I use at work, which is purchased separately by my employer. On the upgrade, I did NOT specify "Private Copy". Will this cause any problems during the upgrade/installation because the "watermarked" installation bearing the company name might not match?

(Hoping to avoid a hassle).

--
jondr
--
Jon

jondr

Oh, it will not be a problem

Postby jondr » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:17 pm

Oh, it will not be a problem, probably. When I log into my account to get the upgrade, that is where the verification takes place, not during the actual installation? If so, then I'm all set.

--
jondr
--

Jon

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:31 pm

Yes Jon, the verification takes place at the online account stage. Once you have generated your license installer from your online customer account, you are home free. No complex licensing or activation issues to cause you artificial headaches!
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Return to “Non-Technical”