Evaluation questions

For all your non-technical questions.
MartinH

Evaluation questions

Postby MartinH » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:27 pm

Hello:

I am currently evaluating IA and have several questions.

1) Are there already translated resources available for the Spanish language?

2) Can I do a 'static dependency' (as opposed to the dynamic app run) scan to find .NET dependent assemblies? What I mean by this is - to scan the exe without running it.

3) I have a registered version of Wise for Windows Installer version 3 (don't laugh!), is this elligable for a competative upgrade?

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:13 pm

1) Sorry, no - but it shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes, also with the Localization Wizard you can send the files to be translated to an outside third party, without needing to send them InstallAware or your actual setup project.

2) You can run a static dependency check using depends.exe, I think.

3) Sure it is :)
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

MartinH

Postby MartinH » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:33 am

Candice:

Thanks for the answers.

CandiceJones wrote:1) Sorry, no - but it shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes, also with the Localization Wizard you can send the files to be translated to an outside third party, without needing to send them InstallAware or your actual setup project.

Okay, the actual translation is not a problem, I was just looking for a way to save time. Once translated, can I send them to you to distribute to other interested parties?

CandiceJones wrote:2) You can run a static dependency check using depends.exe, I think.

Hmm, this is an external procress, no? I was thinking of something that would automatically add the dependencies to the IA project. I take it this does not exist, is this correct?

CandiceJones wrote:3) Sure it is :)

How should I proceed?

Thanks again,
Martin.

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:32 pm

Hi Martin!

Sure, please send the translations - or better still, post them in the Plug-Ins section of this forum, or the Sample Scripts section! This way people can grab them right away.

Just order the "Competitive Upgrade" option at the online store, and email us your Wise serial number to validate your order after credit card verification.

Unfortunately at this time, IA only ships a dynamic dependency scanner which automatically adds dependencies to your project.
Candice Jones

InstallAware

Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer

Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Return to “Non-Technical”