Follow-up on question about InstallAware methodology

For all your non-technical questions.
daniel347x

Follow-up on question about InstallAware methodology

Postby daniel347x » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:25 pm

(Hi...I posted this same question as a follow-up to a previous question but I wanted to make sure you got it.)

Hi,

Thank you for the prompt replies!

Here is a follow-up question to help me understand the InstallAware methodology.

In the Help files under the entry describing the "Check Disk Space" command, there is a note at the bottom that says,

"There is no need to explicity check for disk space in your setup script. The install engine automatically verifies available disk space before beginning installation. "

However, I do not see the "Check Disk Space" command anywhere in the InstallAware script for my project (which is just a dummy project created by Project Wizard with a few files to copy and a few registry keys to set).

That is why I thought it might be happening in the background.

Could you explain this seeming discrepancy for me?

(P.S. it's not that I need to check for disk space in my installation...it's just that I'm trying to compare the methodology between InstallAware and Wise for Windows Installer, and my comparison of the two led me to this question.)

Thank you again,

Dan

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:35 pm

Ah, yes. What happens is Windows Installer will not execute the actual install process unless it can verify disk space is enough. This is not a sequenced custom action, its just part of what the engine does.

Return to “Non-Technical”