File Download plug-in problem

For all your non-technical questions.
namo

File Download plug-in problem

Postby namo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:51 am

Hi,

I use the plug in Download file, to download the patch from the localhost. but i have seen it's result, which is very abstract, the downloading is successful but the original file is of size 1,384KB & downloaded file is of 1KB only.

Please show me path forward

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:50 am

This generally means IIS is serving an error and not the file you're actually trying to download. Its not a File Download error, its an IIS error. The most common cause is that IIS is not serving your particular file due to security settings. Just open the downloaded file in Notepad and you'll see what I mean.
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

namo

Postby namo » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:08 am

Hi CandiceJones,

Thanks for reply :P

The file which i am downloading is patch exe. I wanted to check for the web updates so i put that file in IIS for http\\\\ path. I got the update bubble, download completed msg and at the time of installation i got the error...

The MTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.

Then i gone through a sample program where i put only a downlad add-in. and then i got to know taht installation is incomplete.

After getting your reply, i tried giving new permissions to that folder but still the same problem is there.

Please help me to solve this problem

namo

Postby namo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:16 am

Thanks alot,
i am done with the problem, really it requires IIS setting,
Actually i change "Scriptable and executable" option to none, will change everything.
And the exe will download completely
Thanks a lot again... :D

Return to “Non-Technical”