Language Pack

For all your non-technical questions.
ctgroup

Language Pack

Postby ctgroup » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:20 am

I am evaluating IA and was under the impression when I downloaded the eval that IA supported multiple languages. I have used the Localization tool to export the translation files. But I need to produce an install in a half dozen languages and do not have time nor the resources to translate everything manually. I read posts about a language pack.

Does IA have an existing language pack that contains the translations for the common dialogs that I can use? If so, how can I get it?

payalg

Postby payalg » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:22 am

InstallAware setups can be localized into 34 languages. However, we do not provide or sell pre-translated language kits. You will need to do the translation work yourself, or work via a third party. The good news is that all editions of InstallAware support localization, and they can export/import strings from your project - so you just send your strings to your translator, and never the entire setup project and/or its sources or the InstallAware IDE.
Payal Gupta
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Obliterator

Postby Obliterator » Fri May 01, 2009 12:22 pm

I'm also currently evaluating IA8 and was under the same impression. I just wondered is this still the case?

I'm looking to migrate from IS and so far IA seems to offer a number of advantages - particularly at making common tasks quick and simple. In fact its a refreshing change to not have to jump through huge hoops! Not providing translations for standard dialogs out of the box seems illogical especially when compared with your competition (IS provides multilingual packs for free download out of the box).

Having each IA user translate the whole dialogs (and presumably MSI error messages, etc) again and again just doesn't seem to make sense? Its a massive repetition of unnecessary work for your customers.

Do I misunderstand? Or is there a community repository which has built up ready to go localisation imports for each language?

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Fri May 01, 2009 2:05 pm

InstallAware 9 due in three days does ship with 35 languages, pre-localized :)
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Obliterator

Postby Obliterator » Sun May 03, 2009 6:40 pm

Perfect! I think that was the only major blocking issue for us to purchase! Cheers

Return to “Non-Technical”