Questions

For all your non-technical questions.
New user

Questions

Postby New user » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:33 pm

1. yahoo.com is banned for a forum email address? I use yahoo for all business related email.

2. I have installed IA and my first install project won't actually install. It pops up an error that it can't find an infragistics dll. It built the install however, just won't run. It's not obvious at all how to fix this.

3. I created an IA install from within visual studio using your plugin for a solution containing several projects. I see no way to control which projects are part of the install. I have 12 projects in the solution, some exe and some dll, but I only want 4 of the 6 exe projects to be included in the install. How do you control this?

4. I really want to give your software a good test. Although the built-in deployment projects in visual studio are considered simplistic compared to a 3rd party installer like IA, I usually have no problems with controlling the included projects or adding dependencies.

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:52 am

1) Yes, we do not accept anonymous email domains, not in the least because of the high volume of spam they generate.

2) Have you thought about actually adding that DLL to your setup project?

3) All of them will be a part of the setup project. You can edit the setup project inside the IDE and comment out the parts that you don't need, so future rebuilds will build only the projects you want.

4) I like your user name.
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

New user

Postby New user » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:57 am

As New user, adding a dll manually is an unexpected task. I am used to vs2008 deployment projects picking these up automatically.

When you say edit inside the IDE, I saw no affordance to do so. "Comment out" means inside the install script someplace?

Your forum didn't screen for 10-minute mail :+> I'm tired of every site needing registration, someone needs to figure out how the forums at Joel on Software work without it, they're excellent.

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:17 pm

If our add-in failed to pick up DLLs used by your project, please go ahead and send us the project - so we can fix this error for you and all other customers.

Comment out refers to the main install script, yes.
Candice Jones

InstallAware

Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer

Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Return to “Non-Technical”