Future Issues and Upgrading Policy

For all your non-technical questions.
stevew

Future Issues and Upgrading Policy

Postby stevew » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:12 am

Is there going to be any issue with installing onto Windows Vista (Longhorn) which I image is out of beta shortly?

I was reading that some people were requesting free upgrades to version 5.0 when it is out of beta. Is this something that has to be asked for ahead of purchase?

Please retell me if creating a silent fat client setup.exe is possible, or is showing the InstallAware file transfer dialog (and i guess your company name) manditory? If manditory then what language will this dialog be in? Could the setup be smart enough to be the same language as the user's PC without asking a question?

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:37 am

Hi Steve

Vista installations work beautifully with InstallAware. We have tested our installs on the latest CTP version and they work great.

You will get free upgrades to v5 as part of our technology guarantee - v5 will be released in less than two weeks now!

You can indeed create a silent fat client EXE using the Single File self extracting EXE build option. When run silently, this fat client EXE will not show anything. When run non-silently, it will be smart enough to run in the local language, provided that language has been localized for using the Localization Wizard.

stevew

Studio Architect

Postby stevew » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:30 pm

Sounds great. Final question. Seems Studio Architect allows end users to alter the setups (Redistributable Automation Interface)? Is that right? What is the price of this puppy?

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:11 pm

The Studio Admin edition, as it will be called when v5.0 is out, will be priced at $1499. Please contact me privately if you would like to pre-order (and I will try to arrange a discount).

stevew

thanks

Postby stevew » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:39 pm

I just wanted to let the other reader's know that the sale process went smoothly and professionally. I can now move to the other post-sale forum folders now that i am a customer. yeah.

Return to “Non-Technical”