Last small questions

For all your non-technical questions.
JLavalley

Last small questions

Postby JLavalley » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:07 am

I'm almost done with my evaluation of InstallAware but have come up with a few questions that I can't figure out via this forum or the documentation, so...

1. I have set the Target Folder to be slightly different than the Product Name, however the install uses the product name when it prompts the user for the destination.

2. I'm under the impression that I can add images (my corporate logo) to the install dialog boxes, but can't seem to actually make this happen. Feeling stupid, but how do I add an image? (follow up question, what version of InstallAware do I need to purchase to simply add an image to a dialog box?)

3. Is there a way to fire pre/post-build scripts?

That's it for now..

Thanks!

Jerome

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:48 pm

1. Unable to reproduce. Check the MSIcode script to be sure you aren't overriding the default value set here later on.

2. You need Studio or higher which has the dialog editor. The dialog editor lets you completely customize dialogs. Single image insertion as a stand-along feature is not available.

3. Sorry, no - but this is a great suggestion!
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

JLavalley

Postby JLavalley » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:32 pm

1. Set Variable TARGETDIR to $PROGRAMFILES$\\Enlighten.Net, Inc. Client\(this is correct - and the only place where the TARGETDIR is set)
Is there some other way it can be set?

2. Thanks

3. Ideally, I'd like InstallAware to be able to launch a script and pass information from the Project Properties page as variables. (can't hurt to ask right?!)

JLavalley

Postby JLavalley » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:58 pm

1. Never mind. I had an "if" condition before the variable was set that was preventing the TARGETDIR from being set... apparently in the absence of a value the Product Name is used.

Return to “Non-Technical”