IA download.

For all your non-technical questions.
bokkie

IA download.

Postby bokkie » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:32 am

I've downloaded what I think was the evaluation version of Studio Admin. At this point, the Studio version seems to be better for us. If we purchase that version will the licence be valid for the evaluation copy I've got or will I need to download a specific version for the Studio version?
Peter. Smartly dressed, he still resembles an unmade bed.
InstallAware MVP

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:01 am

All downloads are the same - you just uninstall what you have currently installed, re-run setup, choose the correct/new edition in the setup wizard when re-installing, and that takes care of it!
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

bokkie

Postby bokkie » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:15 am

CandiceJones wrote:All downloads are the same - you just uninstall what you have currently installed, re-run setup, choose the correct/new edition in the setup wizard when re-installing, and that takes care of it!

Candice, how are upgrades handled? Let's say a new download is available during the licence period. Are the updates automatically detected and optionally installed or would we have to check for them manually and do the uninstall/install again? I don't see a download version history on the IA website so I'm not sure if that can be easily identified if a new version is posted.
InstallAware MVP

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:08 pm

Major upgrades are free for three months, minor upgrades are always free.

If you purchase 1 or 2 years maintenance, then you get 1 or 2 free years worth of major upgrades as well.

As for notification of ugprades - you will get emails about a major upgrade at the email address you provided when purchasing InstallAware.

As for minor upgrades, if you configured the InstallAware scheduled update checker after installing your product (you automatically get notified for this), you will be automatically notified when the scheduled check finds an update.
Candice Jones

InstallAware

Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer

Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

bokkie

Postby bokkie » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:20 pm

CandiceJones wrote:...If you purchase 1 or 2 years maintenance, then you get 1 or 2 free years worth of major upgrades as well...

That's much clearer now. Thank you.
InstallAware MVP

Return to “Non-Technical”