Download Corrupt - please obtain a fresh copy

For all your non-technical questions.
Dennisb

Download Corrupt - please obtain a fresh copy

Postby Dennisb » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:56 pm

Hi,

I am considering a review of InstallAware on http://www.developerreviewed.com so I just spent a good bit of time downloading the approx 200 meg demo. When I then tried to run the downloaded file, and put in the password, I got the message Download Corrupt. Now, I have since started downloading the file again, but it just dawned on me- was the password CaSe Sensitive? If I didn't enter the password exactly as emailed to me could this have resulted in the error message? instead of a "wrong password" message?

(Disregard, but this might help someone else. The password was indeed CaseSensitive, and this dialog message was inaccurate. At least that's how it seems to me. Continuiing the install).

Dennis
Editor
DeveloperReviewed.com

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:00 pm

Thanks Dennis for reviewing InstallAware.

Yes, if an incorrect password is entered, the download corrupt error is displayed - the compression engine for security reasons does not distinguish between corrupt data and incorrect passwords to prevent hacking passwords.

The good news is this message can be customized in your built setups (for example, to say "invalid password or corrupt download").

Dennisb

Postby Dennisb » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:14 pm

Thanks, first very simple install I created went well. I have a lot of things I intend to try on InstallAware, so I may be back to the forum with other questions.

Dennis
Editor

DeveloperReviewed.com

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:15 pm

By all means! And we hope you'll post a link of your review here when its ready so the InstallAware community can enjoy your article :)

Return to “Non-Technical”