Hybrid Setups - VB6 and VB.NET

For all your non-technical questions.
BigApe

Hybrid Setups - VB6 and VB.NET

Postby BigApe » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:07 am

Hi
Currently I am using Installshield Professional 6.2 (very old). The suite of applications I'm installing are a mix of Visual Basic 6, Visual Basic.NET and C.
Each individual application has its own Installshield Setup called from a Base Installshield Setup that also installs some common files (dlls, ocxs etc.)
Because of the age of the Installshield I'm using it doesn't handle technology like MSI and is purely written using the Installshield script language.
I'm keen to upgrade, maybe to InstallAware. I'm assuming it is going to be able to handle my mix of programming technologies and also allow me to move to using MSI methods of installing.
I wondered if any one can forsee any problems with what I'm wanting to do if I go ahead and buy InstallAware.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:22 pm

InstallAware should be ideally suited to your runtime decision making requirements. I would encourage you to take advantage of your fully unlimited 30 day trial, getting your hands dirty and making your purchase in confidence only when everything is working to your content.
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Return to “Non-Technical”