sales questions

For all your non-technical questions.
rcohen

sales questions

Postby rcohen » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:31 am

i have email sales on a number of occasion but no one has responded. I am ready to purchase but have some questions about support options. Can someone please contant me.

thanks

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:56 am

Please feel free to post any questions here!
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

rcohen

Postby rcohen » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:21 am

What kind of support options are available?

on how many machines can i install the software on? I need it on my developers machine as well as my own machine for testing.

web updates-
i want to build an installation package and deploy an update every month. I am trying to understand how the web updates work.
1. would the updates be part of the main installation project that i created or do i create a new installation package for each update?
2. How would a new customer get the latest version of my install if he downloads my software 6 months after my initial release? at that point i will have 6 updates. How would i incorporate all of the updates into the main install?

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:31 am

The most important thing to understand about support is that it is not a how-to resource. In other words, support does not build your installers for you. However, support will fix bugs you find in InstallAware, and support will provide workarounds until such bugs can be fixed.

With a floating license add-on, you can install on as many machines as you like, as long as your usage of the IDE is non-simultaneous. For simultaneous use, you need to purchase full licenses.

With the Studio edition (or higher), you can install the command line build interface on as many machines as you like and do simultaneous command line builds as much as you like.

Updates and how they are served are different things. Your web update client can check for updates on a pre-set schedule, an end-user chosen schedule, or manually. Any file - including a full setup or a patch - can be served as an update.

You can build incremental patches, a patch that updates directly to the latest version only, or a full version installer that uninstalls the old version and installs the new version. You typically just rebuild your existing installer version in patch mode or in full installer mode.

Visit our support policy page for our service level descriptions. Please also take a look at our web updates and patching whitepapers for detailed information.
Candice Jones

InstallAware

Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer

Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Return to “Non-Technical”