Dialogs not closing

For all your non-technical questions.
BradleyBe

Dialogs not closing

Postby BradleyBe » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:41 am

Hi,

I have just started evaluating InstallAware, and have come accross two dialog funnies.

When I first created a new project I selected .Net put in project name and folder and click 'Ok'. The project was created successfully but the new Project Dialog box did not close and I could not close it either. Restarting the editor worked. This only happened the once.

When going to Interface > Dialogs > Change Theme button, I select a new theme, it prompts to overwrite, and I click Yes. The dialog does not go away. I can click 'Cancel' or the 'X' but dialog remains. I can click 'Ok' and something happens but dialog does not go away. The dialog is no longer modal though and I can continue working, however with the dialog on top.

I tried to change the theme on a new blank project and the dialog closed as expected.

I am testing in a Virtual PC running XP.

Any assistance welcome.

Product seems great soo far!

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:51 am

It looks like your VPC environment might be RAM starved or some other virtual resource hog? We've never run across the issues you've reported before. If you have specific steps that reproduce them consistently, let us know.
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

BradleyBe

Postby BradleyBe » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:18 am

The builds were also taking rediculously slow. It seems it was the virtual PC. I had the projects on a mapped network drive. Looks like the networking was not working properly.

Moved all files to the local disk within the VPC and running well.

Thanks.

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:36 am

It seems VPC is less mature than VMware, but even VMware gets the funnies when using the built-in folder sharing option (regular network paths work fine, but folder sharing uses paths of the form \\\\.\\ which confuse Windows Installer itself)!
Candice Jones

InstallAware

Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer

Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Return to “Non-Technical”