Looking for documentation relating to the conversion process

For all your non-technical questions.
MickyP

Looking for documentation relating to the conversion process

Postby MickyP » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:14 pm

Hi
I'm evaluating InstallAware at the moment to determine how well it can preserve the investment in existing WISE scripts. I've just tried importing a WISE script (1000+ lines) which tests a limitation with the existing installer we have. It compiled OK in the latest Trial version of Wise Installation Studio 7 (indicating the previous boundary has been extended) but when I import it into Trial version of InstallAware Studio Admin V9 it appears to have only imported 2 lines (as per attached image). I searched for "{WISE Code}" to see if there were other code snippets but this 1 section is all I found.
Can you point me to detailed information covering what the processes are/how the conversion process happens? Below is about all I've been able to track down but I presume there is more information available.

========
Converters

Converters import setup projects developed in a variety of other setup authoring environments to InstallAware. Most setup logic and features are automatically migrated, and the conversion wizards place comments in the imported projects that provide further instructions on how to make most of your imported setups in InstallAware.
=========

I did read this reference that was referenced in a forum entry but it didn't contain any information relevant for my query.
http://www.installaware.com/installawar ... lworld.pdf

File Attached:

001=TestVarLimits=ImportProb.JPG

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:55 am

It looks like you've found a bug :) The conversion process is designed to be seamless and automated.

If you send us your script(s), we'll see if we can fix the bug for you.

Sorry it didn't just work :)
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Return to “Non-Technical”