You've come a long way baby...

For all your non-technical questions.
SteveDude

You've come a long way baby...

Postby SteveDude » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:03 pm

Been using IA since around v5. I hadn't moved to v9 yet even though I bought it because a 3rd party plugin (Terminate Process by File Name) will not work with it, but my main build box's motherboard fried yesterday, had a project I have to have done that didn't require the plugin, so I used v9. Man, is it cool or what. The undo is something I have always wanted and have never seen before in an installation IDE and I like the way you payed attention to even some small detail refinements, like colors and warnings in the build progress dialog. Makes life that much easier.

A couple of things I would like see in a future version...

Preflight check: some quick way to determine if all files exist. This would be really nice especially when you are moving older projects to another box or just moved stuff around. I also build multiple versions with one Setup, so this would also be handy for that.

When I import Reg entries for stubburn to register COM objects on Vista and Windows 7, I would like to see the entries imported above my cursor position in the MSI code, instead of at the top install block.

IA has come along way since its siblings and I like the way it is moving. Being in the software business for over 20 years, when people ask me what I do and I tell them I have a job that never gets done...kind of sad when you look at that statement in the wrong way, but things change and can always be better.

Return to “Non-Technical”