InstallAware 11 Announce - Maintenance question

For all your non-technical questions.
alibaba

InstallAware 11 Announce - Maintenance question

Postby alibaba » Mon May 30, 2011 12:47 am

Hi,

today I received an email with the announce of IA 11. When I go to the pre-Order website I find an other price list than I knew it from the previous versions.
I do not understand what maintenance 1 year means. In the past I had three options for maintenance:

1 None - included in price
- Minor upgrades free of charge, major upgrades free for 3 month
2 Year Maintenance - unlimited upgrades for a full year [+40%]
- Free major upgrades for 12 months
3 Years Maintenance - unlimited upgrades for two years [+70%] (Best Value!)
- Free major upgrades for 24 months

Now I can only see:
Studio Maintenance - 1 Year
- Receive automatic software upgrades for the next year

Am I right that if I choose no maintenance I will also get the minor upgrades as I got in the past without maintenance?
If I select 1 year maintenance, do I get the license for the next IA version (12) and do you plan to release IA12 within this next year?
Last edited by alibaba on Tue May 31, 2011 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

royisher

Re: InstallAware 11 Announce

Postby royisher » Mon May 30, 2011 7:13 pm

Hello Alibaba,

Thanks for your post.

If you purchase our upgrade without the 1-year maintenance you will receive 3 months of full upgrades and free upgrades for life. If you do decide to get our 1-year maintenance, then you will enjoy major upgrades for 1 year.

Hope this clarifies!

Thank you.
Royi Sher
InstallAware Marketing & Sales

alibaba

Re: InstallAware 11 Announce - Maintenance question

Postby alibaba » Tue May 31, 2011 2:12 am

Following up your answer I have new questions:

1. If I decide to choose no maintenance then I have to pay for the next major upgrade if it will be released after the three month?

2. But I will always get the updates for IA11 like Service Packs or R2 Version?

3. The major upgrade is the IA12 release?

4. If I select your 1-year maintenance then I will also be able to get IA12 without additional costs, if it is released within the 12 month?

5. But I do not know when you will release IA12 so it is a bit like lottery. Maybe you release IA12 after 13 month, then I will have no value-added cause the 12 month are over and I have to pay for IA12 again.

That´s right.Isn´t it?

royisher

Re: InstallAware 11 Announce - Maintenance question

Postby royisher » Tue May 31, 2011 8:03 am

Hello Alibaba,

1. If I decide to choose no maintenance then I have to pay for the next major upgrade if it will be released after the three month? - Yes, exactly, only 3 months of major releases.

2. But I will always get the updates for IA11 like Service Packs or R2 Version? - Yes you will.

3. The major upgrade is the IA12 release? - Yes.

4. If I select your 1-year maintenance then I will also be able to get IA12 without additional costs, if it is released within the 12 month? - Yes.

5. But I do not know when you will release IA12 so it is a bit like lottery. Maybe you release IA12 after 13 month, then I will have no value-added cause the 12 month are over and I have to pay for IA12 again. - We can't promise that our next release would be within 12 months, but as you can see per our past releases, we tend to release in less than 12 months.

Thank you!
Royi Sher
InstallAware Marketing & Sales

Return to “Non-Technical”