IIS assistance

For all your non-technical questions.
megapode

IIS assistance

Postby megapode » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:04 pm

I am sorry if this is a repeated question, but I have not been able to find an answer to my question.

I am trying to use installaware to allow the configuration of a web-site. It needs to create both a database and an IIS site. I have it working correctly setting up the database, but everything I try, I can't get a virtual directory to be created.

Please can someone give me some pointers on what I need to do here. At the moment, I am not looking to do anything clever with optional settings, just a straight install. Once I have got that running, then I will look at more interesting stuff.

Many thanks for the assistance.

megapode

Additional information

Postby megapode » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:41 am

Having dug through further, I have tried a number of test projects to help understand how to set up IIS - still with no success.

I have tried using both the visual and the scripting to create the site and nothing seems to work. I know I must be missing something, I just don't know what!

Can someone please tell me what I need to do?

Essentially I would like to set up a virtual folder called 'TEST1' under the default website, that contains the files loaded into $TARGETDIR$.

Even if someone could just provide the snippet of what the script should look like that would be very helpful.

Many thanks for any assistance.

megapode

OK, solved it!

Postby megapode » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:55 am

After another load of testing I realised what I was doing wrong!

Setting up the virtual involves making sure you have the actual name of the website first, hence if you want it installed under default web site, that is the name to use - fairly obvious really!

Return to “Non-Technical”