integrating with Visual Studio

For all your non-technical questions.
aheyer

integrating with Visual Studio

Postby aheyer » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:24 am

I am trying to set up my installer to create a new installer program with each new check-in of my company's program. We are looking for a new installer over InstallShield, but we want to make sure InstallAware meets our needs before investing in it.

In pursuing this, I have tried installing InstallAware Free for Visual Studio, instead of the trial version of the full software I was using.
I have noticed that my options seem considerably more limited with the version for Visual Studio. At the same time, I don't know how to integrate the full version with Visual Studio. It seemed that I was not able to keep both the full trial version and the InstallAware Free for Visual Studio on my machine at the same time. Do these two programs work together? I would like all the options I have in the full version, but the ease of visual studio integration that exists with the InstallAware Free for Visual Studio.

My questions are:
Is what I am trying to do possible?
If so, how would I go about learning how to achieve this? Are there instructions somewhere that I can look at, or some kind of overview for this?

Thanks for your time!

FrancescoT
Site Admin

Re: integrating with Visual Studio

Postby FrancescoT » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:50 am

Dear Aheyer,

I really thing that what you are trying to do is not possible.
For what I know it not possible to install an InstallAware edition, if another one it is already installed.

Anyway, I can suggest you to check if InstallAware express edition meets your need.
The express edition is the entry level edition tool and integrate Visual Studio in a very similar way, that InstallAware Free for Visual Studio does.

Please Note, the topic has been moved to pre-sales forum.

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE

Return to “Non-Technical”