IIS Application Extension Mapping?

For all your non-technical questions.
jaxmeier

IIS Application Extension Mapping?

Postby jaxmeier » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:06 pm

All,

Do any of the versions of InstallAware support Application Extension Mapping in IIS? I have several extensions that need to be mapped in my installation.

Thanks,
jax

Gizm0

Postby Gizm0 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:08 pm

At the moment no, but as far as i know, the development team is working on such a feature for the next version.
Panagiotis Kefalidis
Software Design Team Lead
\"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure\"
InstallAware Software Corporation

jaxmeier

RE: IIS Application Extension Mapping?

Postby jaxmeier » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:30 am

Gizm0 wrote:At the moment no, but as far as i know, the development team is working on such a feature for the next version.

1) Any idea on a time frame? Our need is immediate, of course...
2) Any suggestions on a workaround? If I can do it using a vbscript, is that possible using InstallAware?

Thanks,
jax

Gizm0

Re: RE: IIS Application Extension Mapping?

Postby Gizm0 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:53 pm

jaxmeier wrote:
Gizm0 wrote:At the moment no, but as far as i know, the development team is working on such a feature for the next version.

1) Any idea on a time frame? Our need is immediate, of course...
2) Any suggestions on a workaround? If I can do it using a vbscript, is that possible using InstallAware?

Thanks,
jax

1) Timeframe, i don't know at the moment
2) Of course you can do it on VBScript.
You can create your script, add it as a support file to InstallAWARE and execute it later.
You will use Run Program to run the $WINSYSDIR$\\wscript.exe $SUPPORTDIR$\\the_script.vbs as parameter to execute it and Wait for Completion

Also, you can create your own dll/exe on your favorite programming language and execute it from InstallAWARE.
Panagiotis Kefalidis

Software Design Team Lead

\"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure\"

InstallAware Software Corporation

Return to “Non-Technical”