Studio Group Polivy Tool

For all your non-technical questions.
raytang

Studio Group Polivy Tool

Postby raytang » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:58 am

Hi,

I'm going to buy Studio edition for building installers for Group Policy deployment. Does the build machine (command line tool) able to generate the GP MSI installer? Do I need to buy floating licence in order to build that GP MSI in various machines? Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Raymond

FrancescoT
Site Admin

Re: Studio Group Polivy Tool

Postby FrancescoT » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:30 am

Dear User,

The InstallAware license permits the use of the application and its components as per machine only (as those used by InstallAware automation technology or "miabuild.exe" InstallAware command line build tool and as well, any other runtimes as listed in IA documentation topic "Runtime Files")
Please note that none of these runtime files are redistributable within your organization or outside of your organization; their usage is permitted only together with an InstallAware Studio Admin license, and only on the machine that the license has been activated on.

Does the build machine (command line tool) able to generate the GP MSI installer?

Yes it is possible, passing the pre-defined InstallAware compiler variable "MSI_ALL" as TRUE with the "miabuild.exe" command line tool.

Do I need to buy floating licence in order to build that GP MSI in various machines?

The Studio or Studio Admin editions of InstallAware actually do permit the installation and usage of the command line tools on an unlimited number of build machines, without even a floating license. In this case the only drawback of course is that the IDE cannot be used on those machines without a floating license. Simultaneous builds are also allowed for the build machines.
With the floating license simultaneous IDE usage remains disallowed - full licenses are needed for concurrent use of the IDE.

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE

Return to “Non-Technical”