Upgrading

For all your non-technical questions.
SteveSneed

Upgrading

Postby SteveSneed » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:14 am

I'm using 8.01, and upgrading to 9 to deal with Win7. Because of our purchasing dept's rules, we have to go through an "approved vendor" for the purchase, which for us is NEDC for all software. In processing the order, NEDC has come back to me saying they need the serial number from my current copy of 8.01 in order to do the upgrade pricing. I have searched the program, but cannot find anything that appears to be a serial number, unless it's the 6-digit number in the bottom-right corner of the "help>about" dialog. Can you tell me where to find this number in my current copy so I can get the order processed? Thanks!

Steve Sneed

CandiceJones

Re: Upgrading

Postby CandiceJones » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:22 pm

Our online store just says "an old version of InstallAware is required", and never mentions a serial number. It appears the reseller is confused :lol:

Since we don't actually have serial numbers, why not just make one up? Try this one and see if the reseller notices anything peculiar: 31415926 :P

Also please make sure that the reseller is not confused about the type of actual upgrade to order (upgrade and NOT competitive upgrade, the latter does require a competitive serial number). Maybe that is the source of their confusion...

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Return to “Non-Technical”