codegear case study demo

For all your non-technical questions.
chris_ire

codegear case study demo

Postby chris_ire » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:01 am

Hello!

Just downloaded your evaluation version and have been looking around for information on how to get started. Our situation is similar to that of codegear's in terms of installer requirements. So far, I've found this link to some whitepapers and this one to a post in this forum that talks about a mega demo.

My questions are:
1) Is there some sort of mega demo including the scripts etc. necessary to recreate a solution similar to codegear's?
2) Other than the whitepapers, are there any other tutorials etc. which can help me get up to speed on how to recreate a solution similar to codegear's?
3) Is there any other sort of help, in terms of demo code or written document, which I can use to help me get up to speed on how to recreate a solution similar to codegear's?

Any pointers/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Chris.

elehman

Re: codegear case study demo

Postby elehman » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:20 pm

We are glad to hear that you have downloaded our evaluation version and are eager to get started!

1) There is no major demo, but the trial/evaluation version has everything you need to practice building a similar setup. Plus, there are several sample projects included with InstallAware, so you can see firsthand how certain projects are carried out.
2) There are no specific tutorials yet...but they are in the works! In the meantime, I encourage you to just dive in and experiment with the evaluation version. You will find that InstallAware is easy to use, utilizes visual wizards, and has a drag-and-drop visual interface, so some projects you are looking to tackle might be easy to configure. Also, if you are stuck, search the forums and/or submit specific questions and the support staff can help you out.
3)There is no demo or written document, but the visual wizards should help you out in most instances.

Good Luck! :D

mills

Re: codegear case study demo

Postby mills » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi Chris,

The 'Basic Setup' template installer provides, like the name implies, a basic template by which you can build your own installer based on. There are also a number of sample projects that exhibit InstallAware's features.

Remember that InstallAware is a compiler and its features and capabilities are vast.

I think the best advise is to dive in and start building your installer. But of course, you want to take it step by step. Try to make an installer for a single file first, then edit registry and so on.

Perhaps the best advise I can offer is on testing your installations; VMWare could be your best friend.
Andy Mills
InstallAware
Other Help:
White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Product Guides - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... guides.htm
InstallAware Help - Press F1 in the InstallAware IDE.

Return to “Non-Technical”