What on earth is this?

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
bokkie

What on earth is this?

Postby bokkie » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:40 pm

Look at my attached screenshot. I downloaded the latest X4 and regenerated my licence file. I deleted all the code and added nothing more than a Set Variable statement. In the MSIcode window there's a sort of signature in the top-right corner. It's nothing I added; it just magically appears. Does anyone know what's going on? When I took the first version of X4 it wasn't there. It only appeared when I downloaded and installed a new version made available for download a few days ago.

My version is 4.16.2016. I also created a new blank project and added a variable to make sure it wasn't an older test project that might be causing problems.

Any ideas?
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (206.23 KiB) Viewed 12985 times
Peter. Smartly dressed, he still resembles an unmade bed.
InstallAware MVP

sinan
Site Admin

Re: What on earth is this?

Postby sinan » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:47 pm

Google is your friend :)

Sheri_Steeves

Postby Sheri_Steeves » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:14 pm

Bokkie,

Did you ever find out what this was? I just noticed the same in X5 (coming from X3), and perhaps I'm late to the party but I have no clue what this is either.

Sinan's answer of "Google is your friend" is not helpful in the least. What do I "GOOGLE" - InstallAware wierd signature? Signed MSICode? The second gave lots of answers of signing MSI files. A simple answer would have been sufficent.

Thanks,

Sheri

Sheri_Steeves

Postby Sheri_Steeves » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:08 pm

Ok, so I know whose signature it is... can someone tell me WHY one is being placed at the bottom of every script file??

svogel24

Postby svogel24 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:51 pm

Is there any way to prevent the signature from displaying in the MSICode Editor, either by changing a setting within InstallAware Studio, or by directly modifying or deleting some file that controls its appearance?

SteveDude

Postby SteveDude » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:26 pm

I thought it was kind of cool, like an artist signing a masterpiece. It's always at the bottom and you can add some empty comments to move it down.

Return to “Technical Support”