X3 Download

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
antonb

X3 Download

Postby antonb » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:47 am

Hi!
I have project developed for InstallAware X3. Recently my InstallAware X3 installation have crashed after attempts to install additional plugins. I have decided to uninstall it, and reinstall again, however I'm failed to find link to download InstallAware X3 because it replaced with X4.
So now I don't have InstallAware studio installed at all.
Where can I find valid link to download X3 version?

bokkie

Re: X3 Download

Postby bokkie » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:21 am

Good afternoon. Although I recently downloaded X4 I still have a copy of the full 2GB+ download of X3. Unless the IA team request that I don't make it available I could (with their blessing) send it to you via an FTP connection. Naturally, I couldn't post it here!

It's the original download, so you'll need your X3 licence file to make use of it. I must take my cues from the IA team before we can go any further. Hope you can understand my concerns? :)
Peter. Smartly dressed, he still resembles an unmade bed.
InstallAware MVP

FrancescoT
Site Admin

Postby FrancescoT » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:26 am

Dear Antob,

please be advised that you must have a license installer that is exactly synchronized in its version with the trial provided. Using different versions of license installers and trial downloads can wreak havoc with the IDE and the setup engine, which is why InstallAware cannot officially provide these files for you: out-of-sync versions will cause a lot of random issues with your setups purely due to engine/compiler/script version mismatches and cannot be supported by technical support.

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE

bokkie

Postby bokkie » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:48 am

Anton, like Francesco states you can cause lots of problems with out-of-sync licence files. If you have an X3 licence file generated for the version you downloaded and you know that version matches it you might get away with it. Whenever I download a version I always regenerate my licence file and I rename the files with a common prefix so I know what goes with what. The web download is convenient but the full download and matching licence file need to be kept paired together. Now that you know what might happen, I'd still be prepared to give you my last full download but prepared for some unusual things to happen. Hopefully not but it's important to know it might bite you later in unexpected ways.
Peter. Smartly dressed, he still resembles an unmade bed.
InstallAware MVP

Return to “Technical Support”