Shared Strings - InstallAware Translator

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Devinr

Shared Strings - InstallAware Translator

Postby Devinr » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:28 am

When I go and select the 'Shared Strings' tab in InstallAware it takes me to the InstallAware Translator, here I get the options to adjust text under the following categories:

Dialog text
Installation Messages
Initialization Text

When I alter something in any of these it does not seem to be taking effect in my installer. There is no save option or anything in the translator, you just change the text and it shows as changed.

Am I missing a step to get them into my installer once I have changed these text's? Straight after I change these I save my project and compile and it seems they still are not showing up as changed in my installer.

compumaik

Postby compumaik » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:48 am

Hi Devinr,

the Shared Translation only exist once for all installers to be built with InstallAware. They don't have to be added to the Installer. You can get them with the button "Shared Strings" in the "Design" Tab. You can also find them in the installation folder of your InstallAware in the subfolder "trans". After translating, you should save this folder to another place :)
Hope this helps!
compumaik

Devinr

Postby Devinr » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:13 am

Thank you for your reply compumaik.

The thing is I click on my "shared strings" button in the "design" tab and it brings up some of the translations. When I change these translations those changes do not take effect in my install.

I went searching for the "trans" subfolder and didn't find it anywhere. But my question is should these changes I make in the shared string tab actually take effect in my installer?

MichaelNesmith

Postby MichaelNesmith » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:11 pm

As compumaik has already said (thanks!), there's no problem with the localization of global setup strings. See my answer to your post here:

http://www.installaware.com/forums/view ... hp?p=18091
Michael Nesmith
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Return to “Technical Support”