Version 7?

For all your non-technical questions.
SteveDude
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:07 pm

Version 7?

Postby SteveDude » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:29 am

What's new in Version 7 and when is the release date?

Thanks

Gizm0
Posts: 339
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:47 pm

Postby Gizm0 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:57 am

Some of the improvements we've made to InstallAware since version 6.0:

Automatic Vista Certification: InstallAware 7 produces MSI packages which are always "Vista Certified" logo compliant, regardless of how you author your setup. Forget about rules, test cases, and software validation suites. InstallAware 7 gets the job done for you automatically - every time.

New Application Runtimes: InstallAware 7 provides full support for the latest application runtimes, including .NET 3 and SQL Server 2005 with Service Pack 2. As promised, our team continues to deliver instant updates for new technologies from Microsoft within 48 hours of their release.

Enhanced Group Policy: You asked for it, and we listened. InstallAware 7's updated Group Policy Wizard produces single file MSI's which can be used for Group Policy deployment, or work equally well stand-alone. You may now also deploy patches using Group Policy, and your MSIcode script has new variables for use with Group Policy deployment.

Large Setups: InstallAware 7's setup engine has been optimized to support rapid execution of setups containing tens of thousands of lines of MSIcode script. There are also no longer any limits on the number of files you can include in your packages. Builds are nearly twice faster than before with optimizations to the compression engine, especially on multi-core systems.

Vista Aero Experience: Only InstallAware 7 allows you to build software installers which contain custom Glass regions. Impress your end-users right from the start - jazz up your dialogs with Glass and Flash animations!

InstallAware 7 officially launches on 7/7/7.

Stay tuned for more info.. Very soon! :)
Panagiotis Kefalidis
Software Design Team Lead
\"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure\"
InstallAware Software Corporation

Edhy
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:09 pm
Location: New York, USA

Postby Edhy » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:34 pm

Hi Panagiotis,

Great update!!!

Is there anything new for the application Update feature, specially the requirements for rebooting the computer for the Task to be schedule, ect?

Also, are there any new commands?
Edhy Rijo
Thom Child and Family Services

swarovski
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:32 pm

Postby swarovski » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:26 am

Wooot. 2007-07-07
I am looking forward to IA7~

Gizm0 wrote:Some of the improvements we've made to InstallAware since version 6.0:

Automatic Vista Certification: InstallAware 7 produces MSI packages which are always "Vista Certified" logo compliant, regardless of how you author your setup. Forget about rules, test cases, and software validation suites. InstallAware 7 gets the job done for you automatically - every time.

New Application Runtimes: InstallAware 7 provides full support for the latest application runtimes, including .NET 3 and SQL Server 2005 with Service Pack 2. As promised, our team continues to deliver instant updates for new technologies from Microsoft within 48 hours of their release.

Enhanced Group Policy: You asked for it, and we listened. InstallAware 7's updated Group Policy Wizard produces single file MSI's which can be used for Group Policy deployment, or work equally well stand-alone. You may now also deploy patches using Group Policy, and your MSIcode script has new variables for use with Group Policy deployment.

Large Setups: InstallAware 7's setup engine has been optimized to support rapid execution of setups containing tens of thousands of lines of MSIcode script. There are also no longer any limits on the number of files you can include in your packages. Builds are nearly twice faster than before with optimizations to the compression engine, especially on multi-core systems.

Vista Aero Experience: Only InstallAware 7 allows you to build software installers which contain custom Glass regions. Impress your end-users right from the start - jazz up your dialogs with Glass and Flash animations!

InstallAware 7 officially launches on 7/7/7.

Stay tuned for more info.. Very soon! :)

Gizm0
Posts: 339
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:47 pm

Postby Gizm0 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:08 am

Edhy, as far as i know there are scheduled updates on these sections for the 7.x series but i'm not sure if they are going to be available on the first release.

But the way, 7/7/7 is not a random date.. It's the date where the new 7 Wonders will be chosen :)
Last edited by Gizm0 on Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Panagiotis Kefalidis

Software Design Team Lead

\"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure\"

InstallAware Software Corporation

Edhy
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:09 pm
Location: New York, USA

Postby Edhy » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:54 am

Hi Panagiotis,

Thanks for the information, I'll keep an eye in the forums.
Edhy Rijo
Thom Child and Family Services

SteveDude
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:07 pm

7 Wonders

Postby SteveDude » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:27 am

Back from the holiday, now the countdown has begun. Anxiously waiting Lucky Number 7.

swarovski
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:32 pm

Postby swarovski » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:05 pm

Do IA 6.x customers eligible to upgrade to version 7 without extra cost?

StefanB
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:36 am
Contact:

Postby StefanB » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:18 am

@Edhy:

Why dont you call the Update Setup yourself?

You just have to include this line somewhere after "Apply Install" (if its succeeds of course)

"Run Program $UNINSTALLLINK$ /updatesetup"

(i have put in "if Variable NEEDSUPGRADE Equals FALSE" before, so that the Update Setup only starts when you do a first time Install).

Works perfect for me.

hth, Stefan

Gizm0
Posts: 339
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:47 pm

Postby Gizm0 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:59 am

swarovski wrote:Do IA 6.x customers eligible to upgrade to version 7 without extra cost?


Version 6 and version 7 are completely different. Version 7 is a major upgrade thus, current customers have a special discount if they upgrade between major versions. If you upgrade to version 7 though, you'll get all 7.x series updates for free as you did on 6.x series.
Panagiotis Kefalidis

Software Design Team Lead

\"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure\"

InstallAware Software Corporation

swarovski
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:32 pm

Postby swarovski » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:50 am

Gizm0 wrote:
swarovski wrote:Do IA 6.x customers eligible to upgrade to version 7 without extra cost?


Version 6 and version 7 are completely different. Version 7 is a major upgrade thus, current customers have a special discount if they upgrade between major versions. If you upgrade to version 7 though, you'll get all 7.x series updates for free as you did on 6.x series.


But I purchased IA6 on 2007-05-08.
It's been less than 2 months only.

Is IA 6.x will still have future version upgrades after IA 7 is released?

The current download link in
http://www.installaware.com/downloads-p ... nloads.htm
only showing the latest version of IA.
There will be 2 separate download links later?

Gizm0
Posts: 339
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:47 pm

Postby Gizm0 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:49 am

swarovski wrote:
Gizm0 wrote:
swarovski wrote:Do IA 6.x customers eligible to upgrade to version 7 without extra cost?


Version 6 and version 7 are completely different. Version 7 is a major upgrade thus, current customers have a special discount if they upgrade between major versions. If you upgrade to version 7 though, you'll get all 7.x series updates for free as you did on 6.x series.


But I purchased IA6 on 2007-05-08.
It's been less than 2 months only.

Is IA 6.x will still have future version upgrades after IA 7 is released?

The current download link in
http://www.installaware.com/downloads-p ... nloads.htm
only showing the latest version of IA.
There will be 2 separate download links later?


You have to discuss your issue with Candice. She's the one in charge for sales. I can't answer these questions unfortunately. The thing i can answer, is that any time a new major version is released, no feature updates are released for previous version except for security reasons OR issues that turn the product unusable.
Panagiotis Kefalidis

Software Design Team Lead

\"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure\"

InstallAware Software Corporation

swarovski
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:32 pm

Postby swarovski » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:50 am

Thanks Gizm.

Gizm0 wrote:
swarovski wrote:
Gizm0 wrote:
swarovski wrote:Do IA 6.x customers eligible to upgrade to version 7 without extra cost?


Version 6 and version 7 are completely different. Version 7 is a major upgrade thus, current customers have a special discount if they upgrade between major versions. If you upgrade to version 7 though, you'll get all 7.x series updates for free as you did on 6.x series.


But I purchased IA6 on 2007-05-08.
It's been less than 2 months only.

Is IA 6.x will still have future version upgrades after IA 7 is released?

The current download link in
http://www.installaware.com/downloads-p ... nloads.htm
only showing the latest version of IA.
There will be 2 separate download links later?


You have to discuss your issue with Candice. She's the one in charge for sales. I can't answer these questions unfortunately. The thing i can answer, is that any time a new major version is released, no feature updates are released for previous version except for security reasons OR issues that turn the product unusable.

SteveDude
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:07 pm

Same Boat

Postby SteveDude » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:10 pm

@swarovski

I'm kind of in the same boat. Bought it 3 months ago pretty much to the day, but I knew an upgrade wouldn't be far just because of it being 6.5 when I bought it.

I spoke with Candice, and she was more than fair.

CandiceJones
Posts: 904
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:03 pm
Contact:

Postby CandiceJones » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:33 pm

If its been less than 3 months since your purchase, your upgrade is free. If for some reason your account is not automatically upgraded to vend v7 licenses, just drop us an email, and we'll take care of it for you. Be sure to enclose your original purchase confirmation email.

And minor upgrades are perpetually free (with version 6, we served free minor upgrades for nearly 14 months). However we do not support old versions once a new major version has been released.
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/


Return to “Non-Technical”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests