Setup Squeezer Questions

For all your non-technical questions.
Post Reply
briandin
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:58 pm

Setup Squeezer Questions

Post by briandin »

Hi -

I'm currently evaluating the trial of Setup Squeezer for MSI and before I make a purchase decision, I have the following questions that I hope can be answered.

1. Is there a way to modify the InstallAware dialog that is shown after clicking past the Security Warning dialog? I'd like to have it match our product look or remove it all together.

2. Is there a way to change the Version property information when I right-click the file?

3. Is there documentation?

4. Is it possible to have it generate a squeezed MSI instead of an EXE?

5. I read that there wasn't a way to run the setup squeezer from the command line. Can you confirm that? As I'd like to run from a command-line to automate the process.

Thanks,
Brian
CandiceJones
Posts: 904
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:03 pm
Contact:

Post by CandiceJones »

Hi Brian,

I'm afraid the answer is no for all your questions. If you are looking for more control over the squeeze-process, I'd encourage you take a look at InstallAware.

InstallAware ships with Setup Decompressor, a tool you can use to decompress MSI files (this decompression does not explode files outside of the MSI but decompresses them inside the MSI). Then, you can wrap them inside a master InstallAware setup, customized to appear any way you like, with any kind of version information, and so forth.

Setup Squeezer simply provides a wizard-based, non-customizable approach to the above process.
Candice Jones
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
Post Reply