SQL Server 2012 CLR and SMO

Post specialized setup scripts you have created here.
Post Reply
rev23dev
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:42 pm

SQL Server 2012 CLR and SMO

Post by rev23dev »

I created runtimes for SQL Server 2012 CLR and Shared Management Objects. They're slightly too large to upload here it looks like, but if anyone else needs them, let me know and I'll post them somewhere.
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: SQL Server 2012 CLR and SMO

Post by FrancescoT »

Very well!!

How is possible to test it?

Let me know.

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
rev23dev
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: SQL Server 2012 CLR and SMO

Post by rev23dev »

http://sdrv.ms/O0wWTj

Not sure how long that link will be active.
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: SQL Server 2012 CLR and SMO

Post by FrancescoT »

Downloaded it!

I will test it.

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: SQL Server 2012 CLR and SMO

Post by FrancescoT »

The "SQL Server 2012 CLR and SMO" runtimes released by "rev23dev" are available for download on InstallAware FTP server.

http://www.installaware.com/ia_sql2012_clr_smo.zip

PLEASE NOTE!
To use the above runtimes, the contents of the compressed file must be manually copied in the RUNTIMES folder of InstallAware installation directory.
That generally should be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallAware\InstallAware 2012\runtimes

Many thanks to "rev23dev" for sharing his work.
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
rev23dev
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: SQL Server 2012 CLR and SMO

Post by rev23dev »

Hi, I updated the CLR Types and Shared Management Objects runtimes for SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1. The binaries, as well as the product codes did change. Here is a link available for a short time.

http://sdrv.ms/VXtfV7
jkrasky
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:46 am

Re: SQL Server 2012 CLR and SMO

Post by jkrasky »

Thanks for doing the work on this! Would it be possible to get the SP1 version of this uploaded somewhere again?
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: SQL Server 2012 CLR and SMO

Post by FrancescoT »

The "SQL Server 2012 sp 1 CLR and SMO" runtimes released by "rev23dev" are available for download on InstallAware FTP server.

http://www.installaware.com/ia_sql2012_sp1.7z

PLEASE NOTE!
To use the above runtimes, the contents of the compressed file must be manually copied in the RUNTIMES folder of InstallAware installation directory.
That generally should be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallAware\<IA VERSION>\runtimes

Once again, many thanks to "rev23dev" for sharing his work.

Regards.
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
jkrasky
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:46 am

Re: SQL Server 2012 CLR and SMO

Post by jkrasky »

Hello Francesco,

The URL provided appears to be for the full SQL Server Express 2012 with Service Pack 1. Is the SQL Server 2012 CLR and SMO SP1 components on the InstallAware FTP somewhere? The ones mentioned in the previous post appear to be 2012 without the SP.

Thanks!

-Jeff
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: SQL Server 2012 CLR and SMO

Post by FrancescoT »

Dear Jeff,

I suppose you have to replace the SQL runtime used by the first version of SQL Server 2012 CLR and SMO, with the new one available with the more recent link.

These runtimes has been released by the user who started the topic and unfortunately, I don't have a ready to use link that combines these versions.

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
rev23dev
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: SQL Server 2012 CLR and SMO

Post by rev23dev »

Sorry I'm seeing this very late.

I couldn't find SP1 versions of my SMO / CLR packages anymore, I had since moved on to SP2. The versioning got a little weird with SP2 and what Visual Studio would install on my dev PC.

Anyways, I have versions for 2014 if you need them.

They're not that hard to build basing them off the one that I originally uploaded. You need to replace the setup exes in their folders, and in the check script you need to alter the product code for the version you're installing.

I install the ones I want, then locate them in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall... that's where I grabbed the product code from (there may be a better way to do this?)

So, like I said, if you use the original CLR/SMO as a base, you can keep them updated with just minimal effort.
Post Reply