InstallAware installed to D:\Pr...

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Ristogod
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 2:13 pm

Re: InstallAware installed to D:\Pr...

Post by Ristogod »

For myself I had to re-enable the 8.3 filename creation. Then do a full uninstall and delete the installation directories of InstallAware. After that I re-installed InstallAware and now it seems to be working.
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: InstallAware installed to D:\Pr...

Post by FrancescoT »

Dear User,

please refer to the following Microsoft documentation.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... s.85).aspx

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
JeffryPaul
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:56 pm

Re: InstallAware installed to D:\Pr...

Post by JeffryPaul »

I am compiling using Installaware X2 v19.06.0.2014 on a Windows 8.1 machine.

I am attempting to create and use the filebag plugin pointing to a UNC path that contains spaces in the share name and subfolders. The fsutil solution is useless in this case.

Long file names have been around since Windows XP. When will Installaware support long filenames?
JeffryPaul
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:56 pm

Re: InstallAware installed to D:\Pr...

Post by JeffryPaul »

I am compiling using Installaware X2 v19.06.0.2014 on a Windows 8.1 machine.

I am attempting to create and use the filebag plugin pointing to a local path that contains spaces in the subfolders. 8dot3 is enabled.
The setup compiles correctly, but I receive a runtime error on the file bag command when running the setup: "Runtime error in setup script: General setup failure"
I checked the %temp%\mia1\fb0 folder, which redirects to "C:\ProgramData\{DE41D15C-5CF5-40F2-AB2C-116A7E351F4D}\OFFLINE\mFileBagIDE.dll\F1A4D71F", and see that all files and folders were extracted correctly.
Some subfolders within the file bag contain spaces.

What solution would you suggest?
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: InstallAware installed to D:\Pr...

Post by FrancescoT »

Dear JeffryPaul,

your question has nothing to do with this discussion (the posts will be removed!).

Anyway as first, please download and install the latest IA X2 version available (19.08) and use a new re-generated license file to activate the product.
http://www.installaware.com/forum/viewt ... =2&t=10289

Eventually and in case the problem persists, please start a new forum discussion.

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
Post Reply