Log file generated with addtional space for each character

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Post Reply
ssubramaniam
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 11:03 am

Log file generated with addtional space for each character

Post by ssubramaniam »

After adding custom message to the log file using $LOGGED$ variable, I could notice that there were some additional space added to each character except the custom line which was added in the first line of the below log file output.

Once the Apply changes has been called then log information written with additional space for each character. This is not the case when not adding custom information.

Custom message script
Write into Text File $LOGGED$ from Value Hello (at end of file)

Output text in the log file

Hello

= = = U s e r R e g i s t r a t i o n a n d F e e d b a c k : A p p l y i n g C h a n g e s @ 5 / 1 4 / 2 0 1 4 1 : 5 1 : 2 0 P M = = =



* * * V a r i a b l e s * * *

T Y P E 1 , T Y P E 2 , Q U I C K L A U N C H D I R , " C : \ U s e r s \ s s u b r a m a n i a m \ A p p D a t a \ R o a m i n g \ M i c r o s o f t \ I n t e r n e t E x p l o r e r \ Q u i c k L a u n c h \ " , W I N S Y S D I R , C : \ W i n d o w s \ S y s W O W 6 4 \ , W I N D I R , C : \ W i n d o w s \ , A B O R T E D O N E R R O R , F A L S E , R E P A I R , F A L S E , E X E D I R , " C : \ P r o g r a m F i l e s ( x 8 6 ) \ I n s t a l l A w a r e \ I n s t a l l A w a r e 1 8 \ " , T A R G E T D I R , " C : \ P r o g r a m F i l e s ( x 8 6 ) \ U s e r R e g i s t r a t i o n a n d F e e d b a c k " , T Y P E 3 , 2 , C O M M O N F I L E S , " C : \ P r o g r a m F i l e s ( x 8 6 ) \ C o m m o n F i l e s \ " , W I Z A R D , N O T M O D A L , M Y A H _ t h F i n i s h e d , F A L S E , C O M P L E T E , F a l s e , N E E D S U P G R A D E , F A L S E , D O T N E T 4 0 C L I E N T _ X 8 6 , T R U E , N A T I V E _ R O L L B A C K , T R U E , S H O R T C U T F I L E S A L L , " C : \ P r o g r a m D a t a \ M i c r o s o f t \ W i n d o w s \ S t a r t M e n u \ P r o g r a m s \ " , M Y A H _ t h M i n , 0 , S H O R T C U T F O L D E R , " C : \ U s e r s \ s s u b r a m a n i a m \ A p p D a t a \ R o a m i n g \ M i c r o s o f t \ W i n d o w s \ S t a r t M e n u \ P r o g r a m s \ \ U s e r R e g i s t r a t i o n a n d F e e d b a c k " , N A T I V E _ O V E R W R I T E _ O L D E R , F A L S E , S H O R T C U T F I L E S , " C : \ U s e r s \ s s u b r a m a n i a m \ A p p D a t a \ R o a m i n g \ M i c r o s o f t \ W i n d o w s \ S t a r t M e n u \ P r o g r a m s \ " , A L L U S E R S , F A L S E , A B O R T , F A L S E , M Y A H _ C O M P R E S S _ I N S T A L L E R _ C A C H E , T R U E , N E W I N S T A N C E , F A L S E , P R O D U C T C O D E ,
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Log file generated with addtional space for each charact

Post by FrancescoT »

Dear Ssubramaniam,

this is caused by the different text encoding format used and anyway, the same happens using WordPad to open a log file where a custom log entry has not been added.

Alternatively, you can always create a separate log file to store your entries.

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
Post Reply