Version 7?

For all your non-technical questions.
swarovski

Postby swarovski » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:47 pm

Thank you Candice and Steve. XD

davemcl

Postby davemcl » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:32 am

Candice,
How do you notify customers of a new version, we purchased Studio Admin with maintenance at the end of last month and I only learnt of V7 by accident...

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:59 pm

Did you specify an invalid email or an email you do not check when ordering your product?
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

davemcl

Postby davemcl » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:43 pm

I got the invoice and serial generator emails OK so I assume my email address was fine, can you please add me to the appropriate list...

Cheers
Dave

Edhy

Postby Edhy » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:29 pm

StefanB wrote:@Edhy:

Why dont you call the Update Setup yourself?

You just have to include this line somewhere after "Apply Install" (if its succeeds of course)

"Run Program $UNINSTALLLINK$ /updatesetup"

(i have put in "if Variable NEEDSUPGRADE Equals FALSE" before, so that the Update Setup only starts when you do a first time Install).

Works perfect for me.

hth, Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thanks a lot for this tip, I was using the Run Program $UNINSTALLLINK$ /update but now with your tip, I changed as follow:

Code: Select all

if Variable NEEDSUPGRADE Equals FALSE
          Comment: Setup the Online Schedule and check if there is any available update online.
          Run Program $UNINSTALLLINK$ /updatesetup (WAIT)
          Run Program $UNINSTALLLINK$ /update
        end

This way, the Task Schedule will be setup and also will check for available updates. :D
Edhy Rijo
Thom Child and Family Services

MLS

Postby MLS » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:09 am

CandiceJones wrote:If its been less than 3 months since your purchase, your upgrade is free. If for some reason your account is not automatically upgraded to vend v7 licenses, just drop us an email, and we'll take care of it for you. Be sure to enclose your original purchase confirmation email.

And minor upgrades are perpetually free (with version 6, we served free minor upgrades for nearly 14 months). However we do not support old versions once a new major version has been released.

Shouldn't you still offer the v6.6 download on your site or the my account page not all people will move to 7 and if they need to reinstall for some reason and don't have the installer they will need to download it again.

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:50 am

Sorry, we do not keep a backlog of old versions on our site.
Candice Jones

InstallAware

Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer

Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

JXBURNS

Postby JXBURNS » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:14 am

Exactly what happened to me. Even though the maintenance for 6.x had not yet expired, I was denied the ability to download the last 6.x version as IA removed it totally on 7th July. I did write requesting this be given to me but no answer. I can sort of understand there may not be any technical support for 6.x in the longer term but to just immediately switch off support seems to be a quick way of making money from forcing people to upgrade. There should have been at least the ability to download the product for the very reason stated above even if only up to end of the maintenance period.

Effectively I have lost out on what was a major financial investment for me personally. For nearly 8 months I was unable to use it for Group Policy installation as a major bug was found which allowed the MSI to be installed on the host server rather than the client. I nearly returned the software for not meeting its advertising claims particularly as it took so long to fix the bug. But that's water under the bridge now so sad to say I've moved to another company's product that considers its customers needs more effectively.

John

MLS

Postby MLS » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:58 am

JXBURNS wrote:Exactly what happened to me. Even though the maintenance for 6.x had not yet expired, I was denied the ability to download the last 6.x version as IA removed it totally on 7th July. I did write requesting this be given to me but no answer. I can sort of understand there may not be any technical support for 6.x in the longer term but to just immediately switch off support seems to be a quick way of making money from forcing people to upgrade. There should have been at least the ability to download the product for the very reason stated above even if only up to end of the maintenance period.

Effectively I have lost out on what was a major financial investment for me personally. For nearly 8 months I was unable to use it for Group Policy installation as a major bug was found which allowed the MSI to be installed on the host server rather than the client. I nearly returned the software for not meeting its advertising claims particularly as it took so long to fix the bug. But that's water under the bridge now so sad to say I've moved to another company's product that considers its customers needs more effectively.

John

The product is good and am not sure what your problems were but overall I have found this to be the best installer out of them all.

I posted the message above for the reasons you have stated If you send me a private message I can give you the 6.6 trial download but you must have a valid license to use it of course

I personally can understand not supporting old version but not offering them for download is odd. Every other company I have delt with in the past always offers this but always with no support on the old version which is expected. Even microsoft let you install VB1.0 which they obviously don't support but they offer it because someone might need it for a legacy application (MSDN Subscriber only ofc).

kevinyunai123

Re: Version 7?

Postby kevinyunai123 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:37 am

Can anyone provide me with an Installaware 7.0 license - as we need it in a build in this old version? :-) kevin@mirsk.com PLEASE HELP :-)

royisher

Re: Version 7?

Postby royisher » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:06 pm

Hi Kevin,

Just replied you by mail.

Thank you.
Royi Sher
InstallAware Marketing & Sales

Return to “Non-Technical”