Run program only when specific feature is installed

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Post Reply
EricB
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:00 pm

Run program only when specific feature is installed

Post by EricB »

I have an install with 3 features. If a specific feature is installed, I need to run a batch file.

What is the best way to accomplish this task?

Thanks,

Eric
pfennig

Post by pfennig »

Initialize a variable of your choice to false. Set it to true at the end of your feature's script block. Later run the batch file if that variable is true.
EricB
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:00 pm

Post by EricB »

pfenning,
Thanks for the reply. After playing around with IA in the daytime hours rather than late at night when the brain is fried, and taking your advice, I able to do what I wanted.

Thanks again,

Eric
Post Reply