Sql Plugin Not Working

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
lansmank

Sql Plugin Not Working

Postby lansmank » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:52 pm

I'm using a fully licensed version of the InstallAware Studio 2005 Version (4, 1, 0, 2005).
I've created an install script that installs a named instance of the msde, starts the msde service, and then checks (and installs) mdac 2.8 (it does a bunch of other stuff to, but that's not relevant to this post). These functions are working fine. After these functions complete, the installaware script is attempting to use the sql plugin to connect to the named instance master database and execute a create database script. The sql code seems to work from the isql tool, so i've ruled out the code as being faulty.
Here are my questions:
1. Is there a problem with the sql plugin and this version of InstallAware? The sql plugin seemed to be working ok with the evaluation version, but it's having a problem here.
2. Am i doing something wrong with the sql plugin that is causing it to not execute correctly?
3. Is there any way to debug the sql plugin or to get any kind of descriptive error message from it?
Ken Lansman

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:46 pm

If the function worked fine in the trial, probably something changed in your script between then and now, as the SQL plug-in is identical in the licensed version.

I'd recommend checking that you are not passing any undefined variables to the plug-in. In particular, if you are passing a variable for the result field, please initialize that variable in the script using Set Variable before calling the plug-in.

Return to “Technical Support”