Error Message \"Invalid Drive h:/\" while uninstalling

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
sdeschenes

Error Message \"Invalid Drive h:/\" while uninstalling

Postby sdeschenes » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:40 pm

I am installing my product from a shared network drive. After the installation, I reboot my test machine. After the reboot, I go and uninstall my application. But during the uninstall, a message appears saying "Invalid Drive: h:\\" and then the uninstall fails. The only way to get around this is to connect to the network drive that my product was installed from. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks,
Scott

Gizm0

Postby Gizm0 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:37 pm

If it an Uncompressed Layout installation, you can't do nothing more than copy the files on your local hard drive first and run the installation later. Otherwise you can create a Single Installation File, which caches the necessary files on the local hard drive. If you use a Single File you won't get that error.
Panagiotis Kefalidis
Software Design Team Lead
\"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure\"
InstallAware Software Corporation

sdeschenes

Postby sdeschenes » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:16 am

I create the Single File Installation on my development machine, copy it to the shared network drive and install from the shared network drive. I don't see why I need to be connected to the shared drive to uninstall my product.

Is there something I can do about this?

sdeschenes

Postby sdeschenes » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:29 am

Since I distribute my product on CD/DVD, does this mean that my customers would require the CD/DVD to uninstall my product?

Gizm0

Postby Gizm0 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:02 pm

sdeschenes wrote:Since I distribute my product on CD/DVD, does this mean that my customers would require the CD/DVD to uninstall my product?

To uninstall no, to make a maintenance install (fix/repair) yes.
Panagiotis Kefalidis

Software Design Team Lead

\"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure\"

InstallAware Software Corporation

Return to “Technical Support”