ERROR: Attempt to render non-referenced line!

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
DanStutzman

ERROR: Attempt to render non-referenced line!

Postby DanStutzman » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:22 pm

What is this error and how do I resolve it? Also, when I click ok, all my work is gone. All 2200 lines of code, about 50 hours of work gone.

:evil:

neillans

Postby neillans » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:39 pm

Hi Dan,

Can you provide some more information on the particulars in your case? Have you recently changed anything on your machine relating to IA? Have you moved the script to another machine?

This error typically occurs from a corrupt script file, or a failing IA plugin.
Andy Neillans

DevilSun

Postby DevilSun » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:19 pm

I just got this error this afternoon while working in the MSIcode as well. I can no longer open my project at all. Oh, and of course, my backup is a few days old...sigh. I was inserting commands, copying/pasting commands, and all of a sudden I started getting a weird error saying something about "FALSE|". When I closed and reopened the program, now I get this error.

Just figured it out, whatever happened and gave me that error first...entirely deleted the rest of my setup script from where that error was thrown. I'm now missing hundreds of lines of MSIcode. :evil: :evil: :evil: The .bak files are exact corrupt duplicates. Awesome. :roll:

neillans

Postby neillans » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:44 pm

Sorry to hear you too have suffered this problem :( We are working hard to try and narrow it down, and improve the stability of InstallAware further.

Can you give me some details ...
Are you running any additional plugins in your IA install?
Are any of the plugins used in your project?

Would you be able to submit your corrupt install project to us?
Andy Neillans

DevilSun

Postby DevilSun » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:32 pm

I've done a bit of investigation from this end, and it really hosed it bad. It truncated some 25k+ from the project (.mia) file itself starting somewhere near the end of the MSI code, so it removed all the GUIDs, the details of the shortened MSI, the comments, etc. There is absolutely no way to recover from here, short of having to hand enter all the commands again from the ".txt" version which is the only saving grace for me. Unfortunately it will be very time consuming, but I'm not being MUCH more diligent with backups of this project.

I wish you would add SourceSafe/CVS integration into your product! That is the only thing I wish for at this point, but for now I'll do it by hand at the directory/project level.

Anyways, I have the following plugins installed: AxoNet (not using any though) and mdPLUGINS (which I'm using only Manage Service(s)).

The line where the truncation started was a MS SQL Server Script, but I truly believe it has to do with copy and pasting and moving lines around, because I was getting some visual inconsistencies right before I got the error (cursor focus on lines was causing the line to indent in or out) but they were incorrect indenting.

If I am able to submit my corrupted install project to you, where would I do so? I would like to scan through the files and make sure there isn't anything in any of the files I don't want going out before sending it off to ya.

neillans

Postby neillans » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi man,

If you simply email them over to me at andy.neillans@installaware.com, I'll add them to our bug database for examination when we come to review the parsing engine - which I believe is soon.
Andy Neillans

Return to “Technical Support”