File Registration and Assemblies...

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Superfreak3

File Registration and Assemblies...

Postby Superfreak3 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:47 am

Hi All,

I'm still unclear really how to deal with file and/or assembly registration. Let's say I have a folder set up in the Files view that contains .dlls, ocx's and some assemblies. Can this be structured in this way or should the assemblies be added in the Assemblies view with a custom destination (no GAC).

Are assemblies added in the Assemblies view automatically registered or do you have to set up or add these actions in the MSICode view?

I guess a brief summary on how files contained in a directory as described above would be registered from addition of the actual files to the template, adding any registration flags where necessary, to compile of the installation would be cool.

I did see that in the files view you can get to a Self Registration flag on individual files, but I though one should stay away from that whenever possible.

Any info if appreciated and thanks for the help so far.

neillans

Postby neillans » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:38 pm

Please do not duplicate post ... it makes it difficult for us to make sure we answer.

Files (using Install Files > Register) - such as DLL's, OCX's will be registered.

Assemblies that need to be loaded into the GAC should be registered as such.

You only need to do this in EITHER the GUI or the MSI Code view -- not both. If in doubt, use MSI Code as it will let you have far more fine grained control.
Andy Neillans

Superfreak3

Postby Superfreak3 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:29 am

Ah, OK.

First sorry for the dup post. My mind is spinning right now getting ready to switch install build products.

I'll switch back to the other Reg post.

Return to “Technical Support”