Problem with Syncfusion

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
carmeloviavattene

Problem with Syncfusion

Postby carmeloviavattene » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:28 pm

In Visual Studio 2019, Community Edition, I tried to create a C # program installer that uses the "Syncfusion Windows Form" libraries, and I have this result:

if I Run Setup:

Generating setup project for active solution (Any CPU platform)
Main Script File CS4D.mia was not regenerated. No change was found.
Project File CS4D.mpr was not regenerated. No change was found
Building Setup Project CS4D.mpr
Error Building setup project file Failed to build Project C:\QSync\Programmazione\CS4D\InstallAware\Any CPU\CS4D.mpr.
Please view log file C:\QSync\Programmazione\CS4D\InstallAware\Any CPU\CS4D.log for more information
Error while building setup project: Failed to build Project C:\QSync\Programmazione\CS4D\InstallAware\Any CPU\CS4D.mpr.
Please view log file C:\QSync\Programmazione\CS4D\InstallAware\Any CPU\CS4D.log for more information

this is the CS4D.log:

Building Project: CS4D
Output Folder: C:\QSync\Programmazione\CS4D\InstallAware\Any CPU\Release\UncompressedDeployment Type: Uncompressed Directory Layout
Code Signing: Disabled
Compression: Default
Compiler Variables: UAC=highestAvailable,BUILDMODE=CD,LANGUAGE=Italian,TITLE=CS4D,TARGETDIR=$TARGETDIR$,"IADIR=C:\PROGRA~2\InstallAware X11","PROJDIR=C:\QSync\PROGRA~1\CS4D\InstallAware\Any CPU",IAVER=28.04
###
Cleared output folder C:\QSync\Programmazione\CS4D\InstallAware\Any CPU\Release\UncompressedBuilt plug-in action (Un)Install MSI Setup
Built plug-in action File Bag
Copied file C:\QSync\Programmazione\CS4D\Califfo\bin\Debug\Califfo.exe
Copied assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Windows\17.4.0.39\Assemblies\4.6\Syncfusion.Compression.Base.dll
Copied assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Windows\17.4.0.39\Assemblies\4.6\Syncfusion.DocIO.Base.dll
Copied assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Windows\17.4.0.39\Assemblies\4.6\Syncfusion.DocToPDFConverter.Base.dll
Error during build: Cannot open file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Windows\17.4.0.39\Assemblies\4.6\Syncfusion.Grid.Windows.dll". Impossibile accedere al file. Il file è utilizzato da un altro processo

translation of:
Impossibile accedere al file. Il file è utilizzato da un altro processo
is
Unable to access file. The file is being used by another process

can you tell me what should i do to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Carmelo

FrancescoT
Site Admin

Re: Problem with Syncfusion

Postby FrancescoT » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:48 am

It's always a good practice to not include into the project, source files from system restricted folders (ex; Program Files, System and so on).

Make a copy of all your source files, store all them into separate NEW folder (ex: ProjectFiles). Finally From IA, replace any existing reference to those files with their copies from the new folder.

Last but not least, even projects should never be stored under system restricted folders, or at system drive root level ("C:\QSync\Programmazione\.."). The best approach is to have a dedicated drive for projects. When this isn't possible, at least use the Document folder or similar.
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE

Return to “Technical Support”