Trouble signing MSIX installer with Authenticode: Error 210 - Digital signature failed

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Abdala09

Trouble signing MSIX installer with Authenticode: Error 210 - Digital signature failed

Postby Abdala09 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:28 pm

Hello,

I'm currently facing an issue while attempting to sign an MSIX installer using Authenticode. I have successfully generated a self-signed certificate and used the Sign Code tool to sign EXE files without any problems. However, when it comes to building an MSIX application, I keep encountering a digital signature failure.

The error message I receive is simply "Error 210 - Digital signature failed" with no additional information provided. I'm using the following versions of the tools:

MSIX Editor: 1.0.0.2703
Studio Admin X15

I've already gone through a series of troubleshooting steps, including verifying the validity and installation of the self-signed certificate, ensuring proper administrative privileges, and adhering to the recommended steps outlined in the documentation of both MSIX Builder and InstallAware Studio. Unfortunately, these attempts have not resolved the issue.

I'm now reaching out to the community for any additional insights or suggestions you might have. Has anyone encountered a similar problem while signing MSIX applications? Are there any specific configurations or requirements I might be missing? I would greatly appreciate any guidance or alternative approaches to successfully sign my MSIX installer.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Abdala09
Attachments
Sem título2.png
Sem título2.png (30.14 KiB) Viewed 91025 times
Sem título.jpg
Sem título.jpg (18.44 KiB) Viewed 91025 times

JohnGaver

Re: Trouble signing MSIX installer with Authenticode: Error 210 - Digital signature failed

Postby JohnGaver » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:28 pm

It does sound like something is wrong with your self-signed certificate.
John Gaver
InstallAware Skunkworks
InstallAware Multi Platform - Liberating DEB/RPM/PKG/MSI(X) into universal native setups!
Get your free copy today - https://www.installaware.com/installaware-multi-platform.htm

FrancescoT
Site Admin

Re: Trouble signing MSIX installer with Authenticode: Error 210 - Digital signature failed

Postby FrancescoT » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:50 am

210 error is returned by the signature process. Since both the certificate (assuming a SHA-256 certificate is used) and password are verified earlier in the creation process, the source of this error is likely due to the timestamp provided.

As first, do try with omitting the timestamp URL. Then if the signature completes without error, you should try with supplying a time stamp URL that supports SHA-256 hash.
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE

Return to “Technical Support”