Discover variable names used by installer

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Joel

Discover variable names used by installer

Postby Joel » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:33 am

Hello, I hope this is ok to post here, I'm not a user of Install Aware, I'm just trying to install software.
Is there any way to discover the variable names used by the installer so I can pass values from the command line? I need to pass info to the installer such as an auth code and a server name but I don't know the variable names used internally.
Normally I would use Orca and logging to figure out how to customize the MSI table but that doesn't seem to work with InstallAware.
I contacted our software vendor but I'm not holding my breath that they will actually help with any installer customizations.

JohnGaver

Re: Discover variable names used by installer

Postby JohnGaver » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:08 pm

This topic applies to InstallAware Multi Platform as well.

Variable names used by the installer are the proprietary information of your installation vendor.

They are the only party who may be able to guide you on properly specifying custom command line parameters.

New in InstallAware Multi Platform is the Console Setup Engine, which runs the entirely of setup from the command line, including "rendering" any custom dialogs on the command line.
John Gaver
InstallAware Skunkworks
InstallAware Multi Platform - Liberating DEB/RPM/PKG/MSI(X) into universal native setups!
Get your free copy today - https://www.installaware.com/installaware-multi-platform.htm

Return to “Technical Support”