InstallAware Multi Platfrom /Linux - unwanted console output

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
JohnGaver

Re: InstallAware Multi Platfrom /Linux - unwanted console output

Postby JohnGaver » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:34 am

Lem2983 wrote:>>And I suppose this is all with GTK2 and not Qt5, of course?
In this case yes.
But I would expect you (the testers if you have any) check for everything (GTK2/Qt5),since we are talking about a small issue/bug that better be fixed irrespective of whether or not IA users have already reported on it.

That is beside the point here, as I am simply attempting to triangulate your particular issue, before resolving broader issues which may exist.

Lem2983 wrote:>>x86_64 is indeed AMD64 - the other alternative would have been aarch64, also called ARM64.
It depends on the definition, there are several, one of them - CPU architecture/ instruction set, thus Intel falls into the same category.

What's called AMD64 in the Windows world is simply called x86_64 in the Linux world. It's an architecture pioneered by AMD, as opposed to Intel's failed Itanium architecture. It ended up becoming the new standard for 64-bit Windows devices, so yes, even though Intel has its own implementation which they have called EM64T, AMD64 has earned the naming rights, so to speak.

Lem2983 wrote:But all this is pointless argument while the time of the essence. The first post describes everything, one has to look at it carefully.
Sorry I dont have access to the project any longer it was a clean VM, running a fresh Linux distro, with IA installed by default, the only change in your own sample was the type of theme. After creating the screenshot showing all what you need to reproduce the problem the VM was deleted.

Not sure I understand. If this issue is still of impact to you, you surely still must have a reproducing project for it?

Please do understand that I am required to follow a process here for bug reproduction and resolution.

Requesting exemptions from the due process only prolongs the eventual resolution!
John Gaver
InstallAware Skunkworks
InstallAware Multi Platform - Liberating DEB/RPM/PKG/MSI(X) into universal native setups!
Get your free copy today - https://www.installaware.com/installaware-multi-platform.htm

Return to “Technical Support”