Else If?

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Post Reply
Archannon
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:58 am

Else If?

Post by Archannon »

Ok.. feeling a little uptarded here. I'm creating a nested IF statement and would prefer to use Else If. However, when trying to either type it in or looking for it in the command list, I'm unable to locate it. InstallAware doesn't seem to recognize the command. I checked the help file to verify that it's supposed to be there and it's listed. I've only got the 30 day eval copy, but this is kind of a critical point for our scripting purposes. If the 30-day eval copy doesn't have all the commands, I can deal with that.

Is there a special magic trick I'm missing on this one? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Henry J.
Gizm0
Posts: 339
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:47 pm

Post by Gizm0 »

Can you please be more specific on what exactly your problem is , or even better attach your script so i can review it and help you?

Thank you!
Panagiotis Kefalidis
Software Design Team Lead
\"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure\"
Install[b]Aware[/b] Software Corporation
Archannon
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:58 am

Post by Archannon »

Summary: I can't find the 'Else If' command in InstallAware. I have If, Else, and End... but no Else If. Checked everywhere I could logically think of, but no luck on my part. Just looking for a little help.

Thanks,

Henry J.
Gizm0
Posts: 339
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:47 pm

Post by Gizm0 »

Archannon wrote:Summary: I can't find the 'Else If' command in InstallAware. I have If, Else, and End... but no Else If. Checked everywhere I could logically think of, but no luck on my part. Just looking for a little help.

Thanks,

Henry J.
Actually there is no need to use Else If.
You can achieve the same result by using If and End.
eg.

Code: Select all

If VARA is True Then
execute/set your stuff here
End If
If VARB is True Then
execute/set your stuff here
End If
I hope i was helpfull!
Panagiotis Kefalidis
Software Design Team Lead
\"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure\"
Install[b]Aware[/b] Software Corporation
Post Reply