Install Jet-Engine

For all your non-technical questions.
KaBa

Install Jet-Engine

Postby KaBa » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:31 am

Hello,

I need to install the Microsoft Jet Engine 4.0 for any of my apps. I dont find a merge module or application runtime in installaware. How can I install the jet engine with your programm.
Im try installshield and this programm has a merge module...

Karsten Baumann

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:41 pm

If you already have a merge module for it, just add it to your project in the Deployment | Merge Modules visual view in the IDE. Then rebuild your setup and you're all set.
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

KaBa

Postby KaBa » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:43 am

I think its not allowed to use a installshield-merge module with other deployment-applications. You are plan to add new merge-modules such as JET-Engine to installaware? Can I convert a merge-module to a web media block?

Karsten Baumann

CandiceJones

Postby CandiceJones » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:56 am

Hi Karsten,

Microsoft probably has free merge modules, or even MSI/EXE installers that you can use with the (Un)Install MSI Setup/Run Program commands, to install the JET runtime. Just do a Google search and this will reveal the results you want.

And yes, you may also convert an existing merge module into an InstallAware setup project. Just run the Database Import Wizard to make this happen and it will create a script for you that you can just copy-paste into your existing script.

Whichever way you want to do it is fine - a lot of ways to achieve your objective, pick the one that is easiest/best for your needs!
Candice Jones

InstallAware

Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer

Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

Return to “Non-Technical”