Website or Virtual Directory Uninstall issue

For all your non-technical questions.
GraemeAU

Website or Virtual Directory Uninstall issue

Postby GraemeAU » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:10 am

Hi Guys, I'm coming up against a similar problem to a previous post however when I do the install, I allow the user to choose if they will install to a virtual directory or a new website.
In the install I save this choice to a variable called VIRTDIR that is declared in the script at the beginning as false.
What I need to know for this variable, and others that contain the web site name (as per IIS) or the virtual directory name, both of which are provided by the use at install time, is how I can persist these values until uninstall time so that the user running the uninstall doesn't need to type in either the website name and/or the virtual directory name for a clean uninstall.
Below is a snippet of the script from the uninstall section:

Get IIS Index for Site "$WEBSITENAME$" into WEBSITEINDEX
if Variable VIRTDIR Equals FALSE
Delete IIS Site #$WEBSITEINDEX$
else
Delete Virtual Folder "$WEBVIRTDIR$" in IIS Site #$WEBSITEINDEX$
end

Note: If it makes a difference, that WEBSITEINDEX, WEBVIRTDIR and VIRTDIR are declared to either null or FALSE at the beginning of th escript and this gets executed during install and uninstall.

Thanks
GraemeAU

PS: I think this will have all of my issues sorted and I'll be happy to purchase the Studio edition then

sinan
Site Admin

Postby sinan » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:10 am

Oh, I would just write them to a text file, or the registry, during the install; and read them from there before the uninstall (the values of the variables).

Return to “Non-Technical”