Error During Build

For all your non-technical questions.
kmoore
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:05 pm

Error During Build

Postby kmoore » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:16 pm

I'm evaluating IA and was able to build the installation I wanted but now I'm having a problem. At some point it seems that files got corrupted or the build left some files in a bad state. Under the Uncompressed\\Data folder some files can't be deleted. Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 with Service Pack 1\\mDotNet.dll\\Win\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\URTInstallPath\\GAC\\System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.dll, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0\\mFileBagIDE.dll\\bag\\WCF_x86\\Program Files\\Reference Assemblies\\Microsoft\\Framework\\v3.0\\System.IdentityModel.Selectors.dll and a windows service exe that was being installed by the package. These files cannot be deleted, right-clicking on them does not give a Delete or Properties menu, only Open With and Send To. Now any project I try to build that uses the .Net Framework 1.1 with SP1 or .Net Framework 3.0 plugins or includes the service gives a Failed to Compile Plug-in error.

I've tried rebooting and uninstalling/re-installing IA but these files won't go away.

CandiceJones
Posts: 904
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:03 pm
Contact:

Postby CandiceJones » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:25 pm

Set the compiler variable NOHARDLINKS=TRUE and try again.
Candice Jones
InstallAware
Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

kmoore
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:05 pm

Postby kmoore » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:27 am

I added Set Persistent Variable NOHARDLINKS to True in the Define Setup Globals region but that didn't work.

I also tried doing a system restore to an earlier date. That got rid of the earlier locked files but added some new ones for the Framework 1.1. The result is that I can't compile a project that includes that plug-in, which I need.

Is there a way to get rid of these files? That would fix the problem but I don't know how to do it.

CandiceJones
Posts: 904
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:03 pm
Contact:

Postby CandiceJones » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:20 pm

Set the compiler variable NOHARDLINKS=TRUE and try again.
Candice Jones

InstallAware

Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer

Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/

kmoore
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:05 pm

Postby kmoore » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:24 pm

I found the problem. The folder tree that IA created in my project folder went to deep and exceeded windows limit of 255 characters for a path name. When the compiler tries to access these files it fails. Changing the location of my project fixed the problem. Changing the folder names for the files I couldn't delete until the path was short enough allowed me to delete them.

Thanks for your help.


Return to “Non-Technical”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests