Don't want to run the app when finished

Got a problem you cannot solve? Try here.
Post Reply
SimonMorris
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:35 am

Don't want to run the app when finished

Post by SimonMorris »

In Express 7.0, even if you don't have a 'Run when finished' entry, the Finish dialog still shows a checkbox for that purpose.

I would prefer not to allow users to run my app at this time and certainly don't want them to be offered a bogus option.

My reason for not wanting offer the 'run when finished' thing is that MSI installs seem to hog the CPU for a fair amount of time after the actual install has completed, at least on my machine (P4 2.0Ghz, 1.5GB RAM).

The combination of this effect and my own app starting up means that the very first time my users start my program, they're going to get a delay. Not a good first impression.

How can can I get rid of the checkbox on the Finish dialog?

- Simon
MichaelNesmith
Posts: 3452
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:17 pm
Contact:

Post by MichaelNesmith »

Sorry, can't do custom dialog editing with Express.
Michael Nesmith
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
SimonMorris
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:35 am

Post by SimonMorris »

Hmm, doesn't sound like Express is really doing it for me. I didn't think my requirements were that fussy.

- Simon
SimonMorris
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:35 am

Post by SimonMorris »

Sorry, can't do custom dialog editing with Express.
Does this mean that I have to upgrade to the Studio edition just to get rid of that one checkbox?

- Simon
Steve
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Canada eh

Post by Steve »

Simon, get the upgrade to Studio. You won't regret the decision.
After you upgrade I'll bet that you discover all kinds of functionality improvements you will want to make to your installation in order to improve the your users experience.

Best Regards,
Steve
SimonMorris
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:35 am

Post by SimonMorris »

get the upgrade to Studio. You won't regret the decision.
Thanks Steve, I think I will.

- Simon
Post Reply