How to run a plug-in

Interested in developing new plug-ins? Got one to share? Post here!
Post Reply
Rand
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:55 am

How to run a plug-in

Post by Rand »

I am new to InstallAware. I need to add the Macromedia Flash Plug-in to a project. I have downloaded and installed the plugin, but I don't know how or where to add it into my project. Does it need to be added into the MSIcode manually? If so, then where and how? Could you please help me.
MichaelNesmith
Posts: 3452
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:17 pm
Contact:

Post by MichaelNesmith »

Each plug-in has its native MSIcode command and appears as a native part of the MSIcode script. In the MSIcode command browser, there's a section for Plug-Ins, where you can look for your plug-in based MSIcode commands.

If your plug-in is correctly installed and configured, it will be in that list, and you can use it just like any other command.
Michael Nesmith
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
Rand
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:55 am

Post by Rand »

I am trying to make sure that Macromedia Flash Player is installed on the end user's machine. So could you give me an example of where I put the command. I see the command is "Macromedia Flash". Do I put in the the "Install Application Pre-Requisties" section? What is the syntax?
Thanks for your help.
MichaelNesmith
Posts: 3452
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:17 pm
Contact:

Post by MichaelNesmith »

You may want to consult the plug-in documentation for correct usage, as far as I know, that's not a standard InstallAware plug-in.
Michael Nesmith
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
Post Reply