How to stop build if an error occured duringCompileTimeBuild

Interested in developing new plug-ins? Got one to share? Post here!
Post Reply
zims
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:41 am

How to stop build if an error occured duringCompileTimeBuild

Post by zims »

I am currently working on a new Plugin that works with files during "CompileTimeBuild".

If I for some reasons can't find the files I would like the build to fail but I am not show how to do that.

I have tried to return both TRUE and FALSE from the meothod without any diffrence.

Zims
MichaelNesmith
Posts: 3452
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:17 pm
Contact:

Post by MichaelNesmith »

Plug-ins currently do not have the capability to abort the build. The return value is reserved for future use. You can display a MessageBox as a warning to the developer if something goes wrong during the build (this is what, for instance, File Bag currently does).

We are looking to add the ability to abort builds from plug-ins with a custom error text in future versions.
Michael Nesmith
Install[b]Aware[/b]
[i]Home of The Next Generation MSI Installer[/i]
Get your free copy today - http://www.installaware.com/
zims
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:41 am

Post by zims »

To bad but atleast I know. The problem is that a MessageBox is not possible for me since I run automated builds.

I hope for that in the next version.

Zims
Post Reply