List of IDE variables

Interested in developing new plug-ins? Got one to share? Post here!
Post Reply
tofutim
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:16 pm

List of IDE variables

Post by tofutim »

Hi, how do I get a list of current IDE variables for my plugin? Is this possible?
Last edited by tofutim on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
christ23
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:51 am

Re: List of variables

Post by christ23 »

Hi totufin,

I think it would be neccessary to know some more details for answering your question.

In C#, they are accessible in the Runtime function, the variable is called "variables". This one holds all variables, in the form as <varName>,<varValue>.
E.g. Two variables, then : myVar1,23,myVar2,5
tofutim
Posts: 176
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:16 pm

Re: List of variables

Post by tofutim »

In this case I am trying to populate a variables combox in my plugin dialog with variables from the InstallAware script. For example, for Set Variables:
2012-07-11_1204.png
2012-07-11_1204.png (15.62 KiB) Viewed 17727 times
But currently I am having a bigger problem where I briefly see my dialog window and then everything freezes in IA. Ahh the life of a newbie...
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: List of IDE variables

Post by FrancescoT »

Dear tofutim,

during Design Time Exports plugin life cicle those variable are not available.

Regards.
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
Post Reply