Product = INstallAware 15
I tried to run setups, build with installAware, from inside a master install.exe
Where can I find infos about that workaround?
rulan
If you want to use Run Light Mode command, yuo must build the child installer setting NOEXE=TRUE.1) Is it correct to build a child without NOEXE=TRUE in form of one INstallAware "----.EXE"-File or
If you want to use Run Light Mode command, yes, it is.2) (?) is it necessary to use an uncompressed child-build?
I suggest to use InstallAware File Bag in order to store correctly all files and subfolders of the uncompressed Child build.3) Is it possible to put this "Child.EXE" (1) (one File) into the supportfiles and I can run it it with the "run light mode" - command?
See note below.4) Where can a get a script showing me the usage of "BAGfiles" in IA 15?
No, just Install all IA features in order to be sure you have installed all components.Is it necassary to first get a PLUGIN?
As I said previously, you should use the "uncompressed"-Child-Method with RUN LIGHT MODE.It seems, that die "uncompressed"-Child-Method (2) works, but the "child.exe" (1) do not.
You can include with your script as many File Bag commands you want.1) that when using filebag, there is only one filebag for the mother-setup possible?
Yes it is.2) when installing in one filebag, all child uncompressed setups will be copied to harddisk at the same time, not only the setups I have selected?
As I said with my reply at point 1, you can use a different File Bag for each child-setup.Filebag is able to handle many different uncompressed child-setups, that are added with the define-command? Or is there the need to put them into separate subdirs, ...
Are you refering to: "Define Component" command? can you try to be more clear?and is filebag able to organise each "define"-command.
I'm really sorry ... but I'm not quite sure if I follow your question.I did tests, where I "installed" the uncompressed, only the before selected childs to the "targetdir" in a setupDIr with different subdirs for each setup and later run it. After the installation I removed the setup dir. What do you think, is this a critical way of strategy? What would you recommend filebag instead from your point of view?!