Resolution Problem

Post complete new themes or wizard dialogs here.
Post Reply
alfrqan
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:51 pm

Resolution Problem

Post by alfrqan »

Hello
I am doing personal a project but all my dialogue designs are fine in my computer but if someone is using different computer with different resolution
he/she will see my design not showing good because of resolution difference between me and him/her..
Is there any solution to this? maybe because i am using picture in background?
I am using installaware 15

thank you
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Resolution Problem

Post by FrancescoT »

Dear Alfrqan,

I may suggest you to use a 32 bit 72 dpi Image with the exact pixel size of the background frame used by your dialog.

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
alfrqan
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:51 pm

Re: Resolution Problem

Post by alfrqan »

FrancescoT wrote:Dear Alfrqan,

I may suggest you to use a 32 bit 72 dpi Image with the exact pixel size of the background frame used by your dialog.

Regards
will it work? and i think 72dpi is good for apple devices
I am using 120dpi system resolution if i make pictures with 72dpi resolution and exact size of the frame--<it will be small shown to people>---
sadly the exact size of frame and dialogue is deponding on my system resolution so It is not a solution
is there any solution? or is it possible to get system info (resolution) so i can make special dialogues for different resolutions?
FrancescoT
Site Admin
Posts: 5361
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Resolution Problem

Post by FrancescoT »

Dear Alfrqan,

I may suggest you to have a look at any InstallAware dialog theme that uses BMPs with dialogs ( ... as for example the "Swoosh" theme").
The size of the image is automatically scaled to fit the screen and then proportionally, it will occupy the same dialog area.

If you want, you can create several dialogs for several target screen resolution (use "Get System Setting" to retrieve the target Screen DPI Setting).

Anyway, I may suggest you to try to find a BMP resolution that best fits all the possible target (72/75 dpi is the default resolution generally used ... but you can try with an higher value) instead of creating a set of dialog for each one.

Regards
Francesco Toscano
InstallAware Software

White Papers (HowTos) - http://www.installaware.com/publication ... papers.htm
Publications - http://www.installaware.com/publications-review.htm
InstallAware Help -F1 anywhere in the InstallAware IDE
Post Reply